[BNAWX] Hazardous Weather Outlook

EMWIN Server emwin at nashvilleweather.net
Sun Sep 19 02:49:54 CDT 2021

FLUS44 KOHX 190749
HWOOHX

Hazardous Weather Outlook
National Weather Service Nashville TN
249 AM CDT Sun Sep 19 2021

TNZ005>011-023>034-056>066-075-077>080-093>095-201000-
Stewart-Montgomery-Robertson-Sumner-Macon-Clay-Pickett-Houston-
Humphreys-Dickson-Cheatham-Davidson-Wilson-Trousdale-Smith-Jackson-
Putnam-Overton-Fentress-Perry-Hickman-Lewis-Williamson-Maury-
Marshall-Rutherford-Cannon-De Kalb-White-Cumberland-Bedford-Coffee-
Warren-Grundy-Van Buren-Wayne-Lawrence-Giles-
249 AM CDT Sun Sep 19 2021

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for Middle Tennessee.

.DAY ONE...Today and tonight.

A Flash Flood Watch is in effect for all of Middle Tennessee today
into tonight. Numerous showers and thunderstorms with moderate to
heavy rainfall are expected again today with several inches of
rainfall possible, before a break in rainfall occurs this evening
into tonight. The highest threat for flash flooding today will be
south of I-40, but flash flooding is possible throughout the area.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Monday through Saturday.

A Flash Flood Watch will continue for all of Middle Tennessee
through Monday evening. Numerous additional showers and
thunderstorms with moderate to heavy rainfall are anticipated on
Monday which may lead to additional flash flooding. The highest
threat for flash flooding on Monday will be across southeast Middle
Tennessee, generally east of I-65 and south of I-40. Total rainfall
amounts from Sunday through Monday are expected to reach 1 to 3
inches across the area, with localized amounts of 4 to 6 inches
possible.

More showers and storms are expected along a strong cold front moving
through the area Tuesday night into Wednesday, but the flash flood
potential with this activity currently appears to be low.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

Spotter activation will likely be needed today and again on Monday
due to the threat for flash flooding. Please relay any information
about observed flooding to the NWS while following all local, state,
and CDC guidelines.

$$

Shamburger
This weather bulletin was brought to you by:
https://www.nashvilleweather.net

Follow us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/nashvilleweather

Follow us on Twitter at: