[BNAWX] Public Information Statement

EMWIN Server emwin at nashvilleweather.net
Wed Aug 14 08:55:43 CDT 2019

NOUS44 KOHX 141355
PNSOHX
TNZ005>011-023>034-056>066-075-077>080-093>095-150000-

Public Information Statement
National Weather Service Nashville TN
855 AM CDT Wed Aug 14 2019

...Nashville Radar (KOHX) will be out of service beginning Thursday
August 15...

The KOHX WSR-88D Radar, operated and maintained by the NWS WFO in
Nashville, TN, will be out of service next week for a period of
scheduled maintenance. The radar will be taken off line on Thursday
morning, August 15, with the outage expected to last approximately
two to five days.

The maintenance performed this week will involve refurbishing the
transmitter with new cables and fuses, ideally resulting in smooth
operation of the radar for another twenty years. During the downtime,
we encourage users to access radar data from the following sites
adjacent to KOHX:

1. KGWX (Columbus AFB, MS)
2. TBNA (South Nashville, TN)
3. KHTX (Huntsville, AL)
4. KHPX (Ft. Campbell, KY)
5. KNQA (Memphis, TN)

We will periodically post updates regarding the status of the
maintenance to our social media accounts at:

1. facebook.com/NWSNashville
2. twitter.com/NWSNashville

$$

27
This weather bulletin was brought to you by:
http://www.nashvilleweather.net

Follow us on Facebook at:
http://www.facebook.com/nashvilleweather

Follow us on Twitter at: