[BNAWX] Flood Statement

EMWIN Server emwin at nashvilleweather.net
Tue Apr 18 17:19:25 CDT 2017

WGUS84 KOHX 182219
FLSOHX

Flood Advisory
National Weather Service Nashville TN
519 PM CDT TUE APR 18 2017

TNC037-187-190115-
/O.NEW.KOHX.FA.Y.0011.170418T2219Z-170419T0115Z/
/00000.N.ER.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.OO/
Davidson TN-Williamson TN-
519 PM CDT TUE APR 18 2017

The National Weather Service in Nashville has issued a

* Urban and Small Stream Flood Advisory for...
  Central Davidson County in Middle Tennessee...
  Northwestern Williamson County in Middle Tennessee...

* Until 815 PM CDT

* At 518 PM CDT, Doppler radar and automated rain gauges indicated
  heavy rain due to thunderstorms had occurred across Central
  Davidson and Northwestern Williamson Counties. This will cause
  urban and small stream flooding in the advisory area. Rainfall
  amounts of at or greater than 1.5 inches rain have fallen across
  this area. With thunderstorms continuing to track across locations
  along and south of I-40 and along the I-65 and I-24 Corridors in
  Central Davidson and Williamson Counties, and additional one half
  to one inch of rainfall accumulation will be possible before
  showers and thunderstorms are expected to end early this evening.

* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
  Franklin, Nashville, Madison, Brentwood, Goodlettsville, Forest
  Hills, Oak Hill, Belle Meade, Lakewood, Hermitage, Bellevue,
  Antioch, Berry Hill, Natchez Trace At Highway 96, Percy Priest Lake
  and Leipers Fork.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Turn around, don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.

A Flood Advisory means river or stream flows are elevated, or ponding
of water in urban or other areas is occurring or is imminent.

&&

LAT...LON 3586 8696 3597 8713 3605 8701 3632 8671
      3613 8655

$$
31
This weather bulletin was brought to you by:
www.nashvilleweather.net