[BNAWX] Alert Administrative Message

EMWIN Server emwin at nashvilleweather.net
Wed Nov 12 09:06:32 CST 2014

WUUS52 KOHX 121506
ADMEMW
121501-
/O.NEW.KOHX.TO.W.9000.141112T1506Z-141112T1501Z/

ADMINISTRATIVE MESSAGE
NASHVILLEWEATHER DOT NET
906 AM CST WED NOV 12 2014

As some of you may have noticed, several erroneous messages
were sent out this morning regarding watches and other products
issued from the Storm Prediction Center.  We apologize for the
confusion that this may have caused.  This error was on the
National Weather Service’s side as reported by several media
outlets.  Further information is below.

Once again we apologize for any confusion that this may have
caused.

---

A computer error caused people on social media some concern and bafflement on Wednesday morning.

Early Wednesday, the National Weather Service apparently tweeted severe weather watches that were not in effect.

At about 5:30 a.m. CT, the National Weather Service tweeted a correction, stating that glitches in their system caused old alerts to be disseminated. There were no tornado watches in effect.

$$
This weather bulletin was brought to you by:
http://www.nashvilleweather.net

Follow us on Facebook at:
http://www.facebook.com/nashvilleweather