[BNAWX] Public Information Statement

EMWIN Server emwin at nashvilleweather.net
Thu Aug 19 16:45:25 CDT 2010

NOUS44 KOHX 192145
PNSOHX
TNZ027-200500-

Public Information Statement
National Weather Service Nashville Tn
445 PM CDT Thu Aug 19 2010

...More Rainfall Records at Nashville...

Nashville was once again hit by heavy rain from Tuesday afternoon
through early Thursday morning, with a total of 4.25 inches
falling in less than 48 hours. Many places across Middle
Tennessee measured a great deal more.

On Wednesday, Nashville's 2.49 inches set a new rainfall record
for August 18. The month-to-date rainfall total now stands at 6.35
inches. Since June 1, a total of 17.17 inches of rain has fallen,
making it an unusually wet summer in the Music City.

For the year, Nashville has seen 47.50 inches of rain. Only two
other times has Nashville experienced this much rain by August 19.
The last time was in 1950, when 47.84 inches of rain had been
recorded through August 19. Before that, we have to go all the way
back to 1882, when 53.38 inches had accumulated through August
19.

Normal year-to-date rainfall at Nashville is 31.34 inches, meaning
that we're currently running at 152% of normal. In addition,
normal yearly rainfall is 48.11, so the city could actually go dry
for the remainder of the year and still end up very close to its
normal annual rainfall.

The latest National Weather Service forecast calls for scattered
thunderstorms on Saturday, Saturday night, and Sunday, so August,
2010 could end up being one of the ten wettest Augusts in
Nashville's history.

$$

Rose

This weather bulletin was brought to you by:
www.nashvilleweather.net